Who we are
Who we are
The Susquehanna Township High School Alumni Association was formed and operates exclusively for the purpose of promoting, supporting, and carrying out programs and activities for the benefit of alumni, current students of the Susquehanna Township School District and our extended community. The alumni association has proudly served the Susquehanna Township community since 1922. We value the sense of tradition and pride that our Alumni share. Our vision is to be a World Class alumni association.
Discover how your help furthers our cause and supports our vital programs. See what we do. TOGETHER, we can make a difference!
What we do
Over the years the association has provided goods, services, and funds to individuals associated with the Susquehanna Township School District, Alumni Membership, and the Community. This may include student Scholarships and Opportunity fund requests for extra-curricular enhancement activities.
- Formed a “Building Champions” Capital Campaign to raise funds to build a high school field house
- Sponsored a student to attend the Maine College of Arts (MECCA) Summer Pre-College Photography Studio Experience.
- Coordinated the production of an alumni video that played during the June 2012 100th Graduation ceremony. Distinguished alumni congratulated the 100th graduation class and extended words of encouragement and wishes for continued success.
- Began a Historical preservation cataloging project with the Kiwanis’s High School Key Club
- Sponsorship of High School Mini-THON events
- Donations to Thomas Holtzman Elementary Food Pantry
- Sponsor ship of High School Paint 4 the Kids Run
- Sponsorship of a student to play on the 2008 US Deaf Olympics basketball team in Taiwan
- Donation to the Hanna Education Foundation in support of a student enrichment program
- Coordinated the outreach between the school district and Mr. Allen Welch, 1st Vice President of the Vietnam Veterans of America Michael J Novosel Capital Area Chapter 542 to play at the opening ceremony of the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War on Saturday, October 13
- Recognized alumni and community veteran’s for their service to our community by constructing World War II, Korean War, and Vietnam War monuments
- Sponsor of the student-led Pink Out Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign which has raised over $70,000 for those in the battle against cancer
- Donations to the school district to assist in the purchase of a digital sign
- Raised $15,000 towards high school Mural Preservation